- - - - - - - - - - - -
Quilters Dream Angel Throw
Dream Angel Flame Retardant Quilt Batting is made of fibers that are specially engineered to be inherently flame retardant. The fibers are designed not to melt or flow when in contact with flame. The fibers are inherently flame retardant with no chemical coatings and no PBDEs. Dream Angel Batting can be machine washed and dried and will not lose the flame retardant quality.
Quilters Dream Poly Select
Quilters Dream Poly is not polyester batting as usual! The production of Microfibers (very fine denier, high-quality polyester fibers) is one of the biggest breakthroughs in polyester. In Quilters Dream Poly Batting there are over 60 million microfibers per pound (other polyester batts average only 5 million fibers per pound.)
Quilters Dream Poly Features:
- 100% fine denier fibers. Available in both White and Deep Black.
- Dream Poly resists bunching and shifting and is strong enough to stitch up to 12″ apart giving the quilter incredible freedom of design.
- Warm and breathable.
- No scrim, resin or glues so that your quilt remains soft and quilts beautifully.
- Your finished quilt may be machine wash and dried. May dry clean.
- Dream Poly resists holding a crease or wrinkling which makes Dream Poly a perfect choice for packing, storing and traveling.
- Dream Poly in Ultra-bright White is an excellent quilt batting choice for quilts with an emphasis of white or light colored negative space.
- Midnight Black Dream Poly is a true deep black that enhances the richness of dark colored fabrics such as black, brown, burgundy, forest green, etc
- No shrinkage – which can help give a modern quilting look when used with prewashed/preshrunk fabrics.
Dream Poly’s exclusive blend of these revolutionary microfibers imparts a very soft hand, exceptional drape, breathability and comfort which surpasses all other polyester quilt battings. You will feel the difference! Dream Poly fibers are blended, carded, crosslapped and needle punched with unique processing that eliminates the need for resins, glue or scrims stabilizers; allowing your needle to glide smoothly through our fine batting.
SELECT POLY: Midloft. Our most popular loft – versatile for both hand and machine quilting with a soft lovely drape. The perfect batting for most quilting projects, mid-weight quilts, modern quilts and wearables. Available in white and midnight black.
Quilters Dream Blend
Soft to hug – yet takes the tug!
Five Ingredients of Dream Blend 70/30 for Machines:
- Natural Cotton – the highest grades of upland USA natural cotton. We start with nature’s cleanest cotton and then mechanically clean the cotton to practically eliminate any remaining seed or leaf particles.
- Polyester Microfibers – “not polyester as usual”. Fine silky fibers imitate natural fibers in softness, drape and breathability and impart volume to cotton allowing for easier washability, quicker drying and reduced shrinkage.
- Ultralight Polyproplyene Scrim – an ultralight thin base that the cotton/poly fibers are needle punched through. This base adds a layer of stabilized strength that allows the extra “tug” or “pull” and helps reduce any “hand prints”, stretch or puckering as you are working with the batting. Scrim has a melt point of 250F. To maintain the soft suppleness of your quilt, dry on low temperatures, do not use commercial dryers and use a low iron setting. If you dry-clean your quilt, advise your cleaner.
- Special processing – we use state of the art manufacturing. The fine denier poly and cleaned cotton fibers are opened, combed, blended and carded. To add extra strength and prevent “neps”, we go another step and cross lap the fibers into a fine consistent web or pad. This is layered with the scrim and specially needlepunched using thousands of saw like needes that interlace the fibers through the soft scrim base.
- Commitment to Excellence and Quality Control. – Quilters Dream products are hand-cut and carefully inspected by our “Dream” team. We value the art of quilting and take great care in bringing you unsurpassed quality. Quilters Dream proudly presents premium batting that will provide warmth, volume and support to your quilt through generations of “hugs and tugs”.
Dream Blend 70/30 for Machines is 70% Cotton blended with 30% Fine Denier Poly Microfibers creating the perfect batting especially developed for machine quilting. The highest grade of USA cleaned natural cotton is blended with our silky fine denier polyester microfibers. These perfectly blended fibers are carded and cross lapped for a smooth consistent web that is layered on to a light scrim and specially needle punched.
Dream Blend 70/30 for Machines is made with the same distinctive quality, cleanliness, and consistency that has made Quilters Dream Batting the one you can always count on! Made with pride in the USA.
Quilters Dream Wool
Dream Wool is made with a Scoured and Super Washed Domestic & Fine Merino Wool long cut tops. The fibers are blended, carded, crosslapped & thermally bonded.* The wool is scoured and super-washed for superior cleanliness and to eliminate shrinkage and felting. Quilters Dream’s unique processing creates wool batting with exceptionally soft drape, uniformity and strength. Dream Wool is a beautifully consistent batting that is truly a ‘cut above’.
Quilters Dream Wool Features:
- Light, Luxurious and Wonderfully Warm with a Lovely Soft Thermal Bonded Loft of more than 1/3″ that beautifully accentuates your quilting. Excellent for Faux trapunto. For a higher loft Dream Wool can be double layered of layered with Dream Battings needle punched battings.
- May be Machine Washed and Dried on cold setting without shrinkage. To prevent loosing the beautiful loft – avoid ironing or using heat.
- Confidently stitch up to 8 inches apart. Dreamy to Quilt. No Scrim or Resins to Resist Your Needles.
- Resistant to Creases? Fluff in a cool dryer with a damp cloth for just a few minutes if creases are present, and Dream Wool springs Back to its Original Loft.
- Quilters Dream Wool is Exceptionally Durable, Rich and Resilient Ensuring that Your Quilts will be Treasured for Generations.
- Dreamy for Hand and Machine Quilting. Also Excellent for Tied Quilts.